View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
M to Th - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
How to Reach Us
News and Events for October 2020 - Updated October 6 2020
- The Town of Harvard is still working to find resources for Harvard businesses to mitigate to the extent possible the harm caused by the coronavirus measures. Please go to the page entitled Coronavirus Economic Assistance here and in the persistent links to the left of this page. Please contact Chris Ryan at [email protected], call 978-456-4100 x.323, or call/text cell at 617-838-9454 if you have any questions. This page has been updated on October 6, 2020 with new information.
- The Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce is also a resource during this difficult period. Please contact them through President Melissa Fetterhoff at [email protected]
What Is Economic Development?
Economic development is, in essence, a means to support and develop an economic base that contributes good, services, and other income generating activities for a community. This economic base can provide substantial tax revenues to balance the non-commercial tax base, provide jobs for residents, offer desirable business establishments that provide the mix of good and services desired by residents, and strengthen communities as a destination for tourists and other visitors.
Each community must define what economic development means to them. There is no "one size fits all" and the unique characteristics and goals or each town must inform how economic development is to be pursued. Harvard's economic development initiatives will partly derive from the 2016 Harvard Master Plan, Chapter 5, Harvard's Economy.
What We Do
Community and Economic Development promotes the the Town of Harvard's economic development and is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for Harvard residents and maintaining a good business climate. Some of the activities that will be undertaken include:
- Develop inventories of businesses, vacant/underutilized propertiesand other data central to economic development
- Identify available programs, services, and resources in the region for economic and business development
- Create marketing and other materials for use in economic and business development activities
- Develop strategies to address issues and concerns identified by local businesses
- Hold events and other gatherings to promote economic development
- Seek innovative and appropriate tools to foster economic development and business development
Ultimately, the Economic Development division's work encompasses:
- Supports existing existing businesses
- Encourages appropriate economic development, in location, scale and design, and intensity
- Promotes Harvard as a desirable place to shop, work, visit, recreate, and invest
Economic Development works closely with other Town departments, committees, and other stakeholders to ensure comprehensive approaches to community and economic development. The division pursues and administers federal and state grants to advance Town objectives.
Please visit our site frequently as we will be frequently updating and adding more content. In the meantime, if you are a local business or are thinking about starting a new business, expanding an existing business, or moving to a new location in Harvard, please get in touch with us and also consider joining the Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce by contacting Melissa Fetterhoff by phone at 978.425.5761 or e-mail at [email protected] to learn about their services.
Please contact Christopher Ryan in Economic Development at [email protected] or 978-456-4100 x.323 for more information.
|Christopher Ryan||978-456-4100 ext. 323|